August 7, 2011

So Good, So Sweet: Goodies 'n Sweets Review

I was reading a book called Guide to Restaurants in Manila when I read that one of the featured Chef – Aileen Anastacio owns this bakeshop-cafe. It made me excited so visit this store. I wonder how a Chef designs and formulate her own recipe. Ofcourse a part of it is my high expectation.

It was already past 8 PM when me and Inggo arrived. My original plan is just to have plain dessert and coffee. But since we haven’t had our dinner we decided to order something aside from cake. Luckily, they also offer Rice Meals, Pasta and Sandwiches.




Our Order:

Pasta Mozzarella (230 pesos) – Spaghettini with tomato cream sauce with basil and olives topped with cubed mozzarella cheese. The sauce was very flavorful and delicious. The mozzarella in cube form was chewy and blended well with the pasta. I was expecting more from the dessert. But I can t help but to say nothing but the best about this pasta. No doubt that this is one of the best pasta I’ve tasted.  Worth it for it's price
Pasta Mozzarella
my verdict: Terrific! Superb! 5/5

I ended texting our friends saying that we should set a date to have a taste of this pasta. 

For our second round of pasta (yes we ordered another one), we asked the manager for their best seller. She recommended Tuna & Capers and Pesto Pasta. We didn’t try any of those. Instead we go for what we think is good.

Crab Aligue (235 pesos) – true to our instinct the pasta is also good. You will surely taste the aligue on every inch of the pasta. Ops I don’t recommended this for people with hypertension please be careful. =) The pasta was rich in flavor and saucy. Technically it is a bit salty due to the main ingredient. I noticed that the serving is quite bigger compared to our 1st order. 4/5
Crab Aligue
Now, let’s go to the main event. Dessert.

Carrot Cake (135 pesos/slice) – I don’t eat carrot cake that much but I love this cake from the 1st till the last bite.  The outer cover is a combination of sweet and salty cream. So Yummy! The cake is infused with walnuts and you will see tiny shredded carrots on it. So perfect! 5/5
Carrot Cake
Toblerone Mousse – this is heaven! It was made from layers of white and thin layers of chocolate mousse. 4/5
Toblerone Mousse 
Turtle Pie (135 Pesos)I am not fan of chocolate cakes or brownies. But to me this is one is very likable. It has the right amount of sweetness 3/5
Turtle Pie
Wait there’s more. They also sell salad dressings, cookies and lengua de gato good for pasalubong. 
Salad Dressing
Cookies
Lengua de Gato
 Goodies 'n Sweets Menu:







Obviously I was impressed by their pastas and cakes. I would definitely invite friends to visit Goodies 'n Sweets. On my next visit I would definitely try their Tuna & Capers pasta and Tiramisu plus another order of carrot cake.
me and Inggo
Notes:
Service Charge: Yes, 10%
Restroom: None
Smoking Area: Yes

Overall Rating:
Food: 5/5
Value for Money: 4/5



Goodies and Sweets Location:

Carpark Bldg., Greenhills Shopping Center (near Italianni's)
San Juan
Contact Number: (02) 722-8740

4 comments:

  1. pricing id say hmmmm.... but the cakes looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a bit pricey but worth the try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard they have yummy ube cake too!! i should try it soon.. it's too far kasi. sana a branch in makati/ fort :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pinkcookies, you may call city delivery for orders :). I know that they have a stall in Shang (still far from Makati though)

    ReplyDelete